The Smart Car Wash's Commitment to the Environment
The Smart Car Wash lives up to its name by caring for our environment in every part of our business. We care very much about the environment, which is why we strive to be the world's most eco-friendly car wash and detail service.
By washing your car eco-friendly, together we can make a difference. When you wash your car at The Smart Car Wash you are not only getting a clean and shiny vehicle but you are also protecting the environment.
What began as a business idea for the best wash at the best price, turned into a quest to integrate this approach with cutting edge green technology. With the help of a great team the Smart Car Wash was born. Our “green” technologies save us money on energy consumption, and we are able to pass those savings onto our customers. Our car wash helps to keep the environment clean and provide a good value to customers at the same time.
The Smart Car Wash serves as the “Next Generation” Car Wash Facility Achieving LEED Certification using design and development guidelines from the US Green Building Council. We are raising the bar for environmental stewardship in the car wash industry by building the operation from the “ground up” with a focus on sustainability.
Why Use The Smart Car Wash?
- We recycle 100% of our water in a water recycling plant.
- 100,000 gallons of rain water collected from our slanted roof each year, stored on site, then recycled into drinking water quality.
- 20% of building made with recycled material, reducing carbon footprint for builders.
- 100% of the building receives natural light saving on energy consumption.
- 100% of our electricity comes from off-site wind turbines.
- All chemicals are biodegradable, saving our rivers and bays.
- Equipment scans every vehicle and automatically adjusts the spray angles to maximize each wash.
- The average home driveway car wash uses 140 gallons of water, we use just 40 gallons. The hand dryers in our bathrooms save 2,000 pounds of waste paper each year (about 18 trees).
- Indoor air quality is monitored by sensors and smoking is prohibited within 25 feet of entrances.
- All of our bricks are local, shipped from Manassas.
- All wood used in construction was certified by the Forest Stewardship Council.
- All paints, sealants, coatings and adhesives used during construction are low emitting products.